Nanook Hard Fescue is a more heat and drought tolerant type of ﬁne fescue. It can be mowed or left unmowed to produce a very appealing ground cover or meadow. When left unmowed it will grow to a full mature height of 12-18 inches. It has a broad geographical adaptation from deserts through northern climates with excellent cold tolerance. Once established, it performs well in coastal climates under minimal irriga/on schedules. Nanook is a certified “TWCA” product meaning that it has been bred and tested to show improved drought tolerance. (See reverse side for information on TWCA standards for certification.)
- Improved drought tolerance
- Long, slender leaf blades
- Heat and cold tolerant
- Exceptional shade tolerance
- Improved disease resistance
- Good seed head production
- Less water use vs other ﬁne fescues
- Attractive as slope or ground cover
- Wide range of adaptability
- Adaptability to sun/shade
- Less susceptible to warm weather disease
- Excellent aesthetic
Nanook is a natural for use as a mowed turf or left unmowed for a natural, wispy ground cover with attractive seed heads.
* Golf Courses
* Ground Cover * Slopes
* Erosion Control * Medians
5-7 pounds per 1,000 square feet or 200-300 pounds per acre.
Rates are determined by the density of stand desired and whether the applica/on is new or overseed
Emergence: 3-5 days under op/)um temperature range between 68-86 degrees, longer under cooler temperatures.
Under normal condi/ons establishment can be expected in 14-21 days.
NANOOK Hard Fescue*
98% Minimum purity
90% Minimum germination
500,000 seeds per pound
*protected under the US Plant Variety Protection Act