GRAND SLAM FS
Perennial ryegrasses are very competitive cool season grasses that grow in a wide range of climates. It does best in full sun but will tolerate light shade. Desirable traits of perennial ryegrass are high wear tolerance and rapid establishment making it popular for sportsﬁelds, playgrounds and parks. Grand Slam FS is a blend of three newly developed perennial ryegrass varieties that have shown exceptional tillering growth that produces a turf of greater density and traﬃc resistance. These grasses also show improved germina on vigor and establishment as well as resistance to gray spot and other diseases. These varieties also have shown to produce excellent turf quality.
- Rapid tillering, spreading growth habit
- Fine texture & high density
- Excellent seedling vigor
- Gray leaf spot resistance
- Better heat and drought tolerance
- Endophyte enhanced
- Improved mowability
- Excellent wear tolerance and recovery
- Low poa invasion
- Fast establishment
- Less susceptile to warm weather disease
- Improved summer performance
- Improved insect and disease tolerance
- Reduced shredding during mowing
UsesGrand Slam FS is a natural for sportsﬁelds and high traﬃc areas such as:
* Golf Courses * Sportsﬁelds * Playgrounds * Sod Production * Parks * Lawns
Seeding RatesNew turf: 10 pounds per 1,000 square feet or 400 pounds per acre. Overseeding existing turf: 6 to 10 pounds per 1,000 square feet or 250-400 pounds per acre.
EstablishmentEmergence: 3-5 days under optimum temperature range between 68-86 degrees, longer under cooler temperatures. First mowing approximately 14 days after emergence (may be longer under cooler temperatures). First limited use approximately 21 days after emergence.
Varieties listed are protected under the US Plant Variety Protection Act. GRAND SLAM FS™ is a registered trademark of Stover Seed Company.